Welcome to the Public Works Department!
J. Kensey Russell, P.E., L.S.,
Public Works Director/City Engineer
300 North Coal
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Public Works Departments is responsible, under the policy direction of the City Manager, for the administration and procurement of the Federal and State grant and loan programs available to the City.
They are responbible for the care, maintenance, and construction of all streets. This includes:
· Snow and ice removal
· Care and maintenance of the airport
· Construction, care, and maintenance of storm sewers, bridges, and culverts
· Care and maintenance of public buildings
· Care and maintenance of the sanitary landfill
· Oversight on the collection, treatment, and disposal of all sanitary sewerage
· Care and maintenance of the sanitary sewage collection system and treatment facility City of Mexico’s Snow Plowing Policy